Life in the U. S. Marines
Most of the cruises that I went on from Camp Lejune were with the 2nd Battalion – 8th Marines. I spent almost two years of my four year hitch physically on a Navy ship. I took a bunch of pictures and saw places around the world that people would love to just visit one of these places.
Also, since I was active on Word Press I could record some of these memories on the blog Life in the U. S. Marines . Here are some of the stories so far.
- Life in the U. S. Marines – Life on a Ship – October 17, 2016
- U. S. Marines – Tour of Duty – August 8, 2016
- U.S. Marines – So You Served – August 17, 2016
- So You Served – Cruising the Mediterranean – Rome, Italy – July 26, 2016
- So You Served – Cruising the Mediterranean – July 19, 2016
- So You Served – A Few Moments from Camp Lejeune – June 6, 2016
- So You Served – Port of Call – Messina, Sicily – April 21, 2016
- So You Served – Life on Ship – February 24, 2016
- So You Served – U.S. Marines – Short Stories of Day to Day Life – February 11, 2016
greendougherty Blog Index
- A Few Funnies
- A Few Nostalgic Moments
- Dougherty Garden – Is It Green?
- Irisha or Italiano
- Jobs Out West
- Oldies (Doo Wop) Music
- Palms of the Dougherty Garden
- So You Were in the U.S. Marines
- So You Worked for Corporate America
- Yorkville, a Community on the East Side of Manhattan
Marty Dougherty #puttingpicturesallinablog